Kids Sorting Cube,,

I’m not completely done yet, but almost there…

I used the box making app inside Easel to make the box and random Icons and shapes from inside Easel to make the cutouts… I have only cut out the box itself and plan on sanding / gluing it up tomorrow after work. I then plan on cutting out the shapes again on 1.5" stock to make them thicker and more like the “real” sorting cube… These will also be cut using an inside cut rather than a on path cut to make them fit easier into the cube… I’m sure someone else has already made one, but i couldn’t find it in the forums / projects…

I will be finishing these all off with a beeswax and mineral oil mixture…

I will publish this to the projects page when i have the thing put together… If anyone wants to make one here is the easel file…

http://easel.inventables.com/projects/5gAice2ZPcntewkVcYbJnw

“real” version

3 Likes

I guess i did something wrong or I’m an idiot… I cant get the box together…

Show them to your wife’s Mother’s group. You’ll get orders for a dozen of them. Then, you could do the same with the alphabet letters…

I’ve not used this app, but finger joints scan be really fiddly and can often need sanding to get them to fit.

For some reason I had 2 extra squares that didn’t have the small fingers… :frowning: I guess ill be re cutting tomorrow…

I fixed the easel file… Should be good this time… :slight_smile:

Step one compete… Tomorrow if I have time, I’ll cut out the lid and the shapes (I want them to be thicker than the box…

2 Likes