Land of the Lost

The matrix table looks great. I was wondering how the Pylon turned out? I’d love to see more photos of all of this, including the pylon.

I found this from searching, as the only thing I have found of anyone actually building such LOTL items. Thanks!

The control panel has held up well. The glue and sawdust coat has help up well to the weather.
There is one badly chipped bottom corner from when it got knocked over. Easily fixed.
A few of the crystals have gone missing. The original hot glue having failed and there are easily picked up by whomever.
Everyone still likes it and we keep talking about ways to upgrade it to be more interactive.
Eventually I want to make aversion that will react to having the crystals touched with color changes, sounds and such.

I wound up scraping the Pylon after I figured out it would take 3 sheets of plywood per side to do it “right”. It was just a little too much for the party decoration budget. But I may revisit the idea later.

Making the crystals change color when touched. hmm
you could place a type of membrane just below each crystal or a select number then connect it to an arduino to have the lights change. Like set it up like a keyboard where the touched areas are registered and the data sent serial to the Arduino. The arduino then uses a pattern to sent out to programmable RGB Leds.

1 Like

By the looks of this topic, Thanos lost his infinity stones once again.

That looks like a Disney quality prop…well done.