Laser Engraving & Cutting with Easel

You did not say anything about drinking and lasering!

f19cda1fbbf7b65182fb4761e2eb845fd9dbf59d4dfc7466a148ba6d1aa164ab

tonight-i-will

Alchohol-Booze-Dr-Evil-Drink-Drinking-One-for-me-Selfish-Shots-Getting-Drunk-GIF
hmies

1 Like

For anyone that has not seen LightBurn you should check it out.
I am not associated with them, just letting people know this exist, and looks awesome for laser work.
Mac & PC.

NOTE: Lightburn is not recommended for use with Xcarve_JTech_grbl versions as LIghtburn uses special G-code modification in 1.1f that are not included with my 1.0c version.

Namely the M4 modification and the ā€œsafety featuresā€ of 1.1f

2 Likes

Probably just like Steve Jobs used to say about Apple not being interested or working on specific technologies, only to introduce their own in the not too distant future. Perhaps Inventables is actually secretly working on a completely plug n play laser module that would replace the spindle. Swap out the spindle, plug in a laser module designed to fit in the holder.

Why wouldnā€™t they be interested in expanding the capabilities of their machinesā€¦unless theyā€™re building an entirely new product line; something like an X-Laser (I donā€™t like that name, but you get the idea).

Theyā€™re attempting to make the transition from consumer-oriented sellers and home/hobbyists to business class production makers. In order to do so, they need to up the specs of the machine. Itā€™s not made to handle the demands of large production runs.

ā€˜putting a laser on an open frameā€¦ā€™ Well, like I said, ā€˜unless their building a new product line.ā€™

They could build an entirely new product and enclose it just like many other laser machines. Weā€™ll see where they take thingsā€¦

I just installed the Jtech 2.8w laser today and it keeps doing the same thing for me when I follow Austinā€™s directions. My laser stays on, but keeps going over the 1st cut over and over and over. Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m doing something wrong before I export the gcode from Easel, but havenā€™t figured it out yet. Did you figure this out yet?

@MarkRowles, let me know if this helps.

1 Like