Laser Image Gallery - Compilation of @picengravertoo 's work

These images are a compilation of @picengravertoo 's work. All of these images are in the “Where’s the laser cutting category?” You can find them there if you would like the details provided with the images.

I pulled these images together to illustrate what can be done with laser imaging without having to wade through a bunch of text.

9 Likes

Thank you Larry,

For those unaware, Jeff Woodcock (@picengravertoo) is the original developer of using laser diodes to engrave true gray scale images by modulating power to the LD. He is also a master cnc machinist, with his own commercial shop equipped with various cnc’d lathes and mills.

I am proud to be associated with him.

John Champlain

4 Likes

Thank you very much @LarryM for reposting our laser engravings here.

@JohnChamplain none of them would have been possible at this level of shading & detail without your excellent programming skills. Thank you my friend.

Another addition done with PicLaser, PicFRC, PicConvert board, 2W M140 LD & Mach3. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Image was Dithered Black & White and then engraved on Adler with our 6W LD. PEP5, PS & Larry’s grbl 1.0c was used.

3 Likes

@DouglasAsmussen

Please create a new topic. This thread is intended for pictures.

1 Like

I guess I should have posted this here instead.

Wagner Laser engraved on a mirror.

picengrave dot com

Another mirror.

5 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

Wow how long does These take?? What’s your feedrate?

The last one is 11.375" X 10.5" in size and done with a 120 IPM feedrate. It took 2 hours 55 minutes to engrave.

1 Like

4 Likes

The previous laser engraved mirror with back lighting.

What it looks like on the back after a light layer of clear spray paint was applied to seal it.

4 Likes

6 Likes

You got plus for Joanna Krupa, woman from my country :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for sharing their works pieces!! Please keep on sharing…

Loving the details that the laser does… definitely on my short list of things to buy next.

2 Likes

Try running your PicLaser gcode through PicFRC. You will see in this video the laser speeds up in the white no burn areas and slow to burn in the black areas. This will help to cut down on your overall run time.

3 Likes

There is not enough time to do it all… :slight_smile:

one step at a time…

Did you get the PicConvert board to do PWM/image dithering?

Well, You certainly been busy. I like them all. I use to live next to Auburn Indiana. My relatives supplied parts to them. It makes me want to buy a laser.