Laser Image Gallery - Compilation of @picengravertoo 's work

6 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes

If you’re going to do a Boris Vallejo, you’ve got to do a Frank Frazetta Death Dealer!

These photos are awesome! I’ve used picengrave pro with the jtech 3.8w laser but have not had resolution as good as yours. Quick question - do pictures have to be dithered? Or will the software generate gcode for a grayscale version of any colored photo?

Thanks Chris.

Almost every one of our laser photo engravings here were created from a colored or grayscale photo to laser engrave them grayscale.

The 3.8W laser has a larger beam divergence than the 2.8W has, so you need to use a different type of lens when photo engraving.

1 Like

It’s not the greatest example, but it is the very first grayscale (varied intensity) laser photo engraving we achieved on August 7th 2012. It was done with 10bit analog modulated 2W 445nm M140 LD.

Thank you @JohnChamplain for making all the impressive enhancement improvements with your excellent programming skills since our successful proof of concept.

3 Likes

This works still excites me. I had recently purchased a laser diode and was trying to engrave just small black and white images, when I was referred to one of Jeff’s posts on another forum I had never visited. I sent him a copy of my early PEP that I had written for spindle engraving, and the improvement requests and new feature ideas started coming from him faster than I could keep up with the programming.

For the record, Jeff is the true originator/inventor/developer of the use of modulated laser diodes to engrave true gray scale images on wood and other materials. And after a few years now, I still can’t keep up with all of his ideas for trying new engraving methods.

Thank YOU, Jeff, for teaching us all how to replicate your works of art.
John

2 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

Yep. Ain’t he/she purty? :laughing:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Enhanced grayscale Laser Diode photo engraving on Poplar using 10bit analog modulation.

3 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes