Latest Mod. Hitachi M12vc 1/2" Router and Musclechuck

Ok managed to convert it so I have the text.
The drawing is hard to determine the hole pattern you would need. Making the holes will help with the drilling as the filimate can be told to circle that area which will give the area around that hold stronger.
I agree about the ABS and if you want it black then no problem with the color.
The holes can be small and then you increase the size as needed. This means a measurement of the back plate where the mount will go.
The part on the left is easily understood but the part on the right I canā€™t tell cause it doesnā€™t look like the mount rotated.
I have no reference. Also no the sides where you mate the 2 halves together they are too thin I will make them a bit thicker to prevent cracking or braking when you tighten the parts.

Hitachi 3D Printed Mount Design Criteria.pdf (155.5 KB)
Hitachi 3D Printed Mount Design Criteria.ai (140.2 KB)

does anyone know the rpm spec for the muscle chuck I cannot seem to find it

I would like something that is balanced to 24,000 rpm

thanks

Check with Joe at Musclechuck. I talked to him last year and he stated that the Musclechucks were dynamically balanced. I donā€™t know at what RPM he balances them, but he knows these are for routers that go as high as 30K RPMs.

@AndyAnderson and @DennisMilliman, are either of you having issues with flex in your Z axis?

I thought that the heavier Hitachi might cause issues with the X axis, but Iā€™m finding that itā€™s actually the Z axis that flexes quite a bit as you can see here:

Are either of you having a similar issue?

I think Iā€™ve finally figured out the issue here. The hole spacing on the mount that I machined is a bit off and it causes the V-wheels to be a bit loser on the rail. Playing with the eccentric spacers has made things solid enough for use for now.

I would machine a new holder, but Iā€™m waiting on a linear Z upgrade that has custom holes drilled. That should resolve the issue entirely.