Law School Gift

A friend of mine just graduated law school and we wanted to give him a unique gift. This went from an initial conceptual design to a finished product in about 2 1/2 hours.

I used the cutoff from a sign I made a while back out of edge glued board that I bought on sale from Menards (Baltic birch, I think?). I finished it with tung oil and included a key slot on the back in case he wants to hang it.

12 Likes

I love it but, where’s the U.P.!!!

Just kidding.
:grin:

OMG…
Just last week my granddaughter graduated with a degree in environmental science.
I’ve been thinking about making something special for her.
Any chance you would share the file?

Very valid point! We struggled about including it but finally decided to just do the lower peninsula for size and functionality reasons. They’re always getting left out.

I’m glad you like it. I would be fine sharing it, but I likely won’t be able to until tomorrow.

Just to double check, I wouldn’t think there would be, but does anyone know if there are potential copyright issues with creating/distributing something like this as long as it’s not being sold?

Here is the file. Let me know if you have any questions. I don’t have a probe yet and haven’t taken the time to figure out two-stage carving so I did a work around that worked fine for the time being. You could eliminate the final workpiece and set it up the proper way and do a two-stage carve, should work either way.