(Old) Lead Screw Upgrade Kit (OLD THREAD)

Apparently I have to figure out how to private message someone first. So let me not add to your aggravation for now until I can figure that part out. If you are still doing the upgrades, I will put my name in the hat and get on your list at a later time.

Many thanks for the fast responce to my post, sorry I could not help you out this time.

Everyone, please send your information! Iā€™d really like to get my upgrade kit soon. kthxbai

2 Likes

Any update? I have mx XC torn apart and Iā€™m debating on putting it back together versus waiting on your kitā€¦ Thanks!

Still waiting on a few people. And Iā€™m at least two weeks out as my supplier is gonna take that long.

Would it be possible for you to post a list of who you currently have on the list. That way we can make sure we didnā€™t miss something.

1 Like

I can but as my list contains personal info I wonā€™t. There is just one or two people left. Iā€™m not driving anyone nuts yet until we get closer to the finish line. One I get notified by my supplier I will put this in motion.
Here is a little taste of a project that took more setup time than cut time. :joy:

4 Likes

So Iā€™ve been collecting parts for a little while and got just the plates when i was over in the US. Avoid a little import taxes and shipping costs to the UK you see.

My plan is to convert my x carve over to screw drive during the Christmas break, i have the in-laws coming so hiding in the workshop seems like a good plan. Would people be interested in a build blog/vlog? Iā€™m also changing my Z axis over to an Igus linear guide and changing to the X controller at the same time.

I think i have enough parts apart from the X carriage and some maker slide for Y rails to build a second x carve from spares these days.

2 Likes

you convinced me - how do i buy this?
i have a request - i need a larger z height
please let me know

Update for everyone on the list.
I just ran into a bit of an issue that will delay me for a few weeks minimum. Itā€™s unrelated to the product, more of a legal issue. (One of the reasons I did not collect payments yet).
Once itā€™s cleared up I will start sending out invoices to yā€™all. If anyone would like to cancel their order due to the delay please pm me, since the waiting list is piling up and others would like to join. I did have a few cancellations but they were quickly filled.

I do very much apologize to everyone but as itā€™s out of my control I will resolve it as fast as I can.

Do you happen to have a ballpark idea of the delay? Are we talking well into January or even February? Thanks

Honestly not sure. I hit a legal wall pretty hard. Iā€™m looking for a way through or around it. In my town and the state of New Jersey they have rules for which direction you can cut your lawn. And I even got a ticket with a picture attached of my cars tire off the driveway on my law.
But as I said. As soon as I figure it out Iā€™m full steam ahead. :disappointed_relieved::pray::pray::pray:

Wow thats harsh.
I thought CA was full of crazy laws.

What part of NJ you from. Im in jersey. Thats crazy I donā€™t even cut my grass. My yard looks like a jungle right now.

Ocean county. Almost as communist as money can buy :joy:.

That sucks. Im in union county now gonna move to middlesex county soon. Part of the reason i canā€™t order a lead screw right now. If you ever want to work on something together let me know.

1 Like

Burlington County here, and I hate the lawā€™s in this state.

1 Like

Wow, I wonder what their reaction would be to crop circlesā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s covered under section iii-4.7 All crop circles must be cut clockwise; and crop circle must be less than 40 ft wide at a distance of no less than 4 feet from property line. The fine for any violation will be no less than $125 and 5 years imprisonment, or $5,000,000 and or a death sentence.

1 Like

@Phantomm is it still possible to get one of these kits?

1 Like

If there is a cancellation Iā€™ll pm you. However the wait list is pretty long.