(Old) Lead Screw Upgrade Kit (OLD THREAD)

This was done on a homebuilt machine whose side plates extend bellow the base and are bridged with an under beam to create a boxed gantry. The single Y drives the middle of that beam.

The X-Carve is designed to be dual Y and I would NOT recommend to mess with it. It would take a whole lot of customization to raise the bed, make taller side plates and bridge them… only to realize in the end that you have lost rigidity.

Ah OK, makes sense. I’ll continue to defer the dream of having servos on the X-Carve then :smiley:

@Phantomm any updates regarding the time table? I was planning a tear down and tune up but was going to hold off if there was a chance the kit would be ready soon.

Actually Im going to find out tonight if im free and clear. I will be posting an update soon and will be putting in all the invoices at the same time.

1 Like

Im Cleared!!!:relieved:
Emails have been sent out to those on the list for this batch! :grin:
New deadline is 3/1 so people have time to respond.

if I didnt recieve an email, am I on a waitlist for next time? or should I ask again on the 1st

1 Like

You were on the foreign Ship list.

If anyone else missed their email please advise.

put me on the wait list! 1000x1000 kit, previously had a smaller envelope ball-screw desktop unit so definitely interested.

What type of unit did you have?

xcarve 1000x1000, latest version. planned upgrade cncnewbie’s z axis at least…

if you mean what previous units did I have with ball screws: used two Chinese alu-frame 3040 and 6090 machines (frames only), G540 drivers, etc…

Also built two systems when starting, both ball screw based… one 12x12
HDPE and another 12x24 MDF

1 Like

Is it too late to get in on this ship list? I’m unsure if I can yet, will know in a couple days, but am curious if there is even a spot open.

1 Like

I sent you a pm.

I agree with Phil the wheels have been my weekspot not the belt.

1 Like

? :thinking:

I feel he didn’t read the post correctly? Can’t wait to show the completed upgrade off here, I’ll be posting a video of max settings running a carve on this thread as well for a point of reference for people on what the difference is between the belts and threaded rod.

@Phantomm, can I get in on the next order? Are there plans for one? Thanks!

1 Like

@Phantomm What’s the current kit price, and next order cycle dates?

1 Like

Current batch is closed. Going forward the price is roughly $500-$550. I may offer deals and discounts in the future however the batch discount orders are quite brutal so I will be changing my business method in the future. I’ll probably get a website and offer it that way. After this batch they will be available regularly at normal price.

2 Likes