Learning Fusion 360

I have recently downloaded Autodesk Fusion 360. I am trying to find the best way to learn how to use it and I have a 1000mm X Carve. Does anyone have any recommendations or advice on how to become good with Fusion 360? Maybe a certain class, online course, or other ways to become familiar with this software.Thank you.

Autodesk has quite a few YouTube videos on how to use Fusion 360. I’ve never gotten beyond the very basics myself.

1 Like

Check these out. I haven’t watched them (I’ve been using Fusion 360 and Inventor for years) , but it came up on another forum.

1 Like

I started Fusion 360 with 0 knowledge when I bought my xcarve. They have a lot of tutorials online.
Regarding your workflow with Fusion and the xcarve there are some other things you need address, beside Fusion itself (e.g. you need the easel driver in Fusion, decide which program to use as a gcode sender).

1 Like

I don’t use fusion360, but I started on Rhino3d with no 3d experience. Rhino had tutorials and I found them kind of hard, since I had no clue about what I was doing. I found it easier to learn what the tools did, and to draw shapes with them, and then to put those shapes together into objects. When that developed a comfort level, I picked the objects I wanted to draw and then started to draw them, using the Rhino help resources as needed. I bet Fusion has the same kind of resources available. Basically start simple and work up from there.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you all!