Just finished the first real project on my new 1000. My grandson has way too many Lego Mini Figs and wanted a better storage method than a plastic shoe box. Getting the 2mm high pins just the right diameter and spacing took some experimenting but finally found the right combinations.
The overall case is about 24" x 32". The 11 individual shelves took about 22 minutes each to carve. I know this may seem long but the spacing between the pins was about .002 less than an 1/8" bit could cut so it had to come at them from two sides meeting in the middle.
The sides were even slower at 56 minutes each but mostly because I didn’t have a 1/4" downcut bit for these deep grooves. My upcut tore out the pine a good amount particularly when it exited the piece 90 degrees to the grain. So they were cut with an 1/8" downcut which delivered nice clean cuts but slow. Also, there is an unseen full length dado on the backside to countersink the 1/4" plywood back plus another 3/8" depth to accommodate the cleat type mounting bracket I built-in. I could have made these MUCH quicker on my tablesaw but it was a great learning experience. Time well spent.
My grandson was very pleased and working on filling it up when the full view photo was taken.