Letters fall out when cut through material

Is there a video or app in easel pro help that can tell or show me how to keep the letters from falling out when i cut clear through material? Like the middle of the e’s and such? Hope this makes sense, newbie here.

1 Like

Are you familiar with tabs? Select the item and you will get a drop down menu for shape and cut. You will find the tabs at the bottom

2 Likes

As Phillip mentioned, the Tabs usually do the job for larger and make sense for larger parts, however one trick that I often use for smaller items is to change those inside parts into pocket cuts using the Offsetter App to split up the shapes into their individual elements, and then you can set those smaller parts to “Pocket” cut type and then just clear out all of the material instead of dealing with Tabs for all of those smaller pieces.

Of course it will take longer to pocket it out VS cutting, everybody’s needs are different, buy for me I’d rather run the machine longer and avoid the manual labor of cutting and sanding away tabs…

2 Likes

Excellent idea

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, yes tabs but the problem is i had combined the area of the project that i wanted to tab so it wouldn’t let me break it down to the insides of the letters that i needed to bridge, sorry, hope that make sense. I did figure it out on my own though, i just make little boxes and placed them where needed and then set them to zero depth. it worked but took a while. lol

1 Like

Thanks seth, i have learned a lot from you on youtube, i watched your video link and think i have figured out a better way to accomplish what i need to do by dragging the nodes instead of making bridges with a square. Looks a lot faster than the way i did it. sorry if this doesn’t make sense, i am very new to this.

1 Like

Totally makes sense, I’ve had to do something similar in fusion 360 when I carved from a STL 3d file that didn’t support adding tabs :+1:

Glad you got it sorted one way or another, there’s so many ways to get the result you want in Easel. :man_shrugging:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.