A common theme for a lot of new users of Inventables' machines is "where to start". So, the awesome folks at Inventables is letting me put together some Tip Jars to help the new carvers, grow the community, and get some $$ into your hands.
Here's how it will go:
- I'll post a tip jar for a how-to with a prize attached in the form of a gift card.
- Whoever enters the best produced how-to for that particular "Level Up", will receive the prize.
Now, without further ado... the first Level Up
$100 gift card
How to win:
Design, create, and carve an engraving with Easel... then post a link to the project in this thread to stake your claim for the prize.
Requirements for a valid entry:
- The project should feature an engraving
- A majority of the project should be made with Easel and carved from Easel
- The carve should be no more than 8" by 12" (203mm x 304mm)
- Only 1 entry per user
- Project must be complete with nice photos and screen captures showing the process
- this includes BOM, Instructions, files, etc.
- Include an "Open in Easel" link
- The instructions must be easy enough for a new "Carver" to follow
- Submit your project before November 8th
Bonus: If you decide to add a video it will greatly increase your chances of getting the prize and will really help the new user to visualize the project.
Here are a few examples of what I mean by engraving (milling just into the surface of the material)
Some of these are the kind of simple engraving that this project should cover. Some may be a little more ambitious than needed for this Tip Jar:
There are more Level Up tip jars to come and will build in complexity and in prize value, but for now lets start out nice and easy.
I look forward to seeing your great projects!