Looking for assistance for the visually impared

Wanted to reach out to see if there is anyone in or near Plano Texas that would be willing to assist a vivually imparied person in putting together the cnc machine. While I am not afraid todo it myself I would rather have some good eye involed in the process. not to mention a faster build time. When complete with the build, a quick check and walk through with the machine. Let me know if there any interest in the assist. Thanks

1 Like

@ScottCrawford ,
Am 2500 miles away but may have a tip that may help.
We used to manufacture jewelry and wore visual aids made by Optivisor, I use ours quite often when setting up my cnc so I can get things dead right.
They come in different focal lengths (diopters) so it is really good if you can try a few on to find the right ones. Brings the work fairly close to your nose but you can see what you are doing. Jewelry supply or lapidary supply stores sell them, used to be about $20 a pair.

1 Like

thank you for the suggestion. but my disability is not really a focal one. easest way to discribe would be to squint eye to 95 % shut and put a wax paper filter over 1 eye and a deep foggy filter over the other. I do have a neighbor that is willing to help but has no cnc experience/understanding. Is there a good step by step video that could be used with their assistance?

1 Like

**I would try contacting the manufacturer. They might be able to help you out, even if your machine is not brand new. Good Luck, really hope you find the help!! Also YouTube has tons of videos on CNC machines.

Duane!

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

Scot,
I’m in Wylie. Maybe able to help. I got a CNC-3018 at Xmas and have been using it for several months. Email me at jmsand1806@verizon.net
John

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.