Looking for help with image conversion please

As a noob, I can’t thank you all enough for your recent guidance and answering of questions. I am looking to convert the attached image for carving. I have only become familiar enough with Inkscape to do a bitmap path trace and invert an image to B&W. Any direction would be appreciated. I recently lost a coworker to Cancer and am looking to make a plaque for the office.

1 Like

Dave,
Give this a try, there is a lot of detail in the bottom of the badge. I attached a picture of what I would use, its a .005 engraving bit to carve the detail. Someone else might have different ideas to help you out. I will attach the Easel file and the SVG in case you need it. Sorry for your loss

1 Like

I don’t know if I can post the SVG, I would need your email to send you the file
Thanks
Russell Crawford

What program are you using to convert the images? My mission this winter is to learn V carve pro and Inkscape.

2 Likes

Russell, you are a wizard !!! Thank you. Check your messages.

1 Like

I use CorelDraw to design in. I used the image that Dave had and converted the top part of the file but found a better image of the bottom part online. CorelDraw is similar to inkscape, it just cost money. I have V Carve on my list of things to get.

mmmm pizza…

1 Like