Mac dropping out mid carve

So this has happened on two different carves

Everything is operating fine…I control the feed rate manually frequently to speed up carve. I have changed energy saving to 3hrs carves are only 30 minutes. If I press pause, then refresh the machine will restart, and continue. Unfortunately this only lasts for a few seconds and it hangs up again. I repeat the procedure… but this is not going to work. I believe on the second carve it was hanging up when it got to cutting the tabs.

Eventually on the first carve I finally downloaded g-code to candle and the carve proceeded nicely to completion…This says my USB is operating just fine. The internet connection is operating well…this is indicated by refresh working.

I would suggest this an easel communication problem not within my scope…

1 Like

My suggestion is to reinstall the system

1 Like

FOR ANYONE READING THIS RECENTLY: With my Mac I make sure it never sleeps during a carve. Turn off sleep (make sure Mac is on AC power) and set up a screensaver.

I’ve had 12 hour carves where this works fine.

1 Like

One other thought - take a look at using Firefox as you can manually adjust network timeouts for the browser to make them longer. One less thing to worry about…

1 Like

another somewhat common problem occurs on older laptops that don’t output a fill 5V over the USB cable and that 5V is needed by the Arduino chip on the CNC controller board…
An Externally powered (it’s own wall plug) USB hub will boost up this 5V if it is too low…

Some users add a shielded and ferrite beaded cable with good results too.

1 Like