Machine wont stay linked to computer

Hello all!

I have been having a problem with my machine i just bought. Any time i fire it up and get ready to go, I always have to go to the Easel set up page and run the set up. Is this normal? I cannot do anything until I do this. Does it not save your settings? Also, I had a project I was working on and it was supposed to take 4 hours. About 1 hour in, the machine stopped in place and the screen popped up asking how it turned out. Well, it didn’t. And when I closed the window, the Carve button was not green. Is there something I am missing here or am I just dumb?? I am also assuming that the connection with the computer is the reason it stopped carving.

PLEASE HELP A ROOKIE!!!

Thanks,

Kris.

How many times has this happened? Are you using the same USB port each time you plug it in?
Is it plugged directly into the computer or via a hub (or in my case, long USB extension cable)?
I find it interesting that you have to run the setup each time.

I received a new X Carve about a month ago and am struggling with the exact same issue.

I setup the machine, start the carve and then it randomly shuts off mid job. Sometimes it will run for 5 minutes and others over an hour before it shuts off. After it stops mid job I loose all communication and am unable to control the machine. I have to go back in and re-setup the machine to get control again.

Tried everything (including a new USB cable) and i am still having the issue.

Please help! It is a huge pain.

Do you have your computer setup so that it does not go to “sleep” mode or screen saver mode? You need to ensure it doesn’t do either of those things. Also a powered usb hub is very useful.

1 Like

i have turned off “sleep” mode for the computer due to seeing the topics on here. so I am assuming it has to do with the USB. what is a powered USB hub?

Another setting that gets missed sometimes is allowing windows to turn off USB root hub to save Power.

To turn this off:

In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click USB Root Hub, and then click Properties. In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog box, click the Power Management tab. The Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box is displayed.

1 Like

A powered usb hub is a multiport usb box that has its own power supply and doesn’t rely on computer power to run it.
Something like this.

Thanks for the help! I ran to Best Buy this morning and bought a powered USB hub. I have about 4 hours of run time on the machine so far today and no connection issues. Hopefully this fixed it!

2 Likes

Awesome.

Thanks for all the feedback on this issue. Its kind of nice to know that I was not the only one having the issue and this hopefully helped not only me but others as well.

I just bought the powered usb hub. Hope that does the trick!

Phil, do you have only the single USB on your computer? Otherwise plug the x-carve into one and the hub with toys into the other. …as a suggestion.

I bought a powered HUB and have not had a problem sense…

thanks for everyone’s help.

2 Likes