Macintosh Computer with Easel & X-Carve

I’m just about sick of my windows PC. That’s a whole other can of worms, but I’m pretty sure it’s about to quit me. I know it’s supposed to work, but would like to hear from anyone who currently uses a Macintosh with Easel & their X-carve. I don’t want to have to jump through a bunch of 3rd party stuff to be able to make it work. I’m getting there but I’d rather have something that just works. Every computer I had before this thing was a Mac, and that seemed to be the case with anything I needed… it just worked.

Many use Mac’s, I use an old 2009 white Macbook on my CNC.

Thanks

Works fine on my MacBook Pro (2018). The only thing I’ve found that’s a smidge wonky is on a newer usb-c based Mac Via a usb-a adapter, sometimes the x-controller isn’t connecting. Either rebooting the Mac or the x-controller seems to make whatever issue is happening go away. But once it connects it all works fine. Since my wife is upgrading her MacBook Pro (well really I am, and she will get a hand-me-down) I may taker her 2012 model with usb 2, and use that as my carving station. It’s running high-Sierra, while my current Mac is running Mojave any new machine will run Catalina…

I’ve had a 2008 Mac mini connected and running for over 2 years, works fine.

1 Like

I’m about to have mine up and running like this. I was using a Chromebook then the Mac mini with windows but it’s reinstalling Marcos now. I’m hoping that my windows install was what was causing some of my issue

1 Like

I was running Easel on a 2010 17" MacBook Pro for three years no problem until the laptop crapped out a couple months ago, not fault of Easel. I’m now running it on a 2019 15" MacBook Pro and runs flawlessly.

I do all my designs on a MacMini in the office and I then just hop over to the garage and fire up X-Carve and the MacBook and it all runs like clockwork. Very happy.

1 Like