Make Time - Make Money from your machine

I am confused by what they want. I signed up and they are asking me to upload 2D or 3D parts. Are they trying to sell parts I already make? I thought they would have me make parts requested by someone else.

1 Like

they want you to upload parts for there internal use so that they can get a image of what your capabilities are not to sell to anyone I was told they keep all of that confidential

2 Likes

I was a little concerned about them not listing a working envelope with your machine but I guess they have a internal database that they can draw from to match you with jobs correctly and in the future will provide that option

I just want to make sure like in my case they are not turning away the customers that need large parts made per example my 49x97" capacity (soon to be 61x144" envelope)

plus like the X-carve 1000mm only has a workable envelope of like 762x762 mm so if someone with a 1000mm X-carve takes on a job thats a full 1000mm x 1000mm they will be in a hard spot really quick

1 Like

Isn’t the workable envelope for the 1000mm machine 750mm x 750mm x 65mm?

I usually go by a 30 x 30" square just to play it safe with clamps once you start getting that close clamping starts to get difficult I am not 100% sure I would have to measure it again but the largest job I did was 30 x 30" but I prefer 28 x 28"

I would defiantly go with zachs numbers as his company built it lol

If you want maximize the work area you can use hot glue like Jimmy DiResta does to hold down the material. he doesn’t like using clamps.

oh yeah for sure hot glue works well in some cases I have used that

along with

double sided tape
composite nails
masking tape
screws
bolts
pin nails
blocks
fingers
stick
other peoples fingers
sure will of mind power

Any updates from Make Time regarding using the X-carve platform?

I haven’t heard anything. I’ll email and ask.

Does anyone have an update on their experience working with Make Time?

Are the parts only metal or are some of your jobs require wooden parts or projects.

1 Like

Hi Phillip!

MakeTime works with a large variation of materials, wood included. We match jobs with suppliers based on their capabilities, which includes what materials you can/want to machine. I’d be happy to discuss further if you’d like.

Best,
Delaney

1 Like

Delaney I would be happy to talk to you about making some items. my furniture business is slow right now so if I could put my x carve to work that would be great. thanks wayne

1 Like

Awesome! We’d love to have you. Feel free to sign up for an account here. It’s completely free to be a supplier on MakeTime and the sign up/set up process should only take a few minutes.

Once you’re signed in, we’ll need your machine info (under the Machines tab) and your Supplier Details (under your Settings). Based on this information, we’ll be able to match you to jobs that are a great fit for your business.

Feel free to email support@maketime.io or use the chat function at the bottom of the site with any questions as well!

1 Like

I would be interested in talking further

1 Like

I’m currently available via chat on MakeTime if you’d like to discuss in more detail. Just click on the speech bubble in the bottom right corner with any questions!

1 Like