Making an "home" point permanent?

Hey community,

I am trying to make multiple depths on elaborate projects and I am trying to find a way to make the home point more consistent. I would like to make a cut, remove the project and paint it, then return and cut next layer (multiple times). But I need to be exact when coming back after a layer. Any suggestions?

Also is it normal to have to setup my machine every time I go to easel? I shut my computer off every night and when I come back the next day I have to do an entire machine setup (not the end of the world). Just looking to be more user friendly!

Thanks for any advice/suggestions!

Do you have homing switches working and do you use them?

If so, do some research on G28, G28.1, G30, G30.1 and bump stop.

It is not normal to have to run setup each time you start Easel.

Yes I have homing switches. I am importing projects from V Carve and after I set my z probe i get the option to either set xy or use “previous.” I always run my initial setup with home switches and it runs the calibration, so when I select “use previous” does this use my set homing position or the last position from the previous project I cut?

I will look into your suggestion, appreciate it.

Just looking to make more consistent start points. I have considered mounting a bracket to allow the exact same start point with all 90 degree pieces. Still learning, and always will be!

Sorry, I don’t use Easel. Maybe someone who does can help with that.

You only need to home once at initial start up.
Then set XY zero for material. That XY zero will be remembered until power off or you set another XY zero.
With bump stop once XY zero is set you can use last XY zero all day for same position.

1 Like

Hi Jeff,

You should not have to re-run setup every time you start Easel. You might want to make sure your browser is not setup to clear data when it exits. Easel keeps some machine setup data in the browser.

It persists across power cycles as well. You’ll still have issues with the precision of your homing switches if you need a very high level of accuracy.