Marvel Disk

Files sent…please simulate before cutting.

Be careful with no value that will cut through a .75” thick material I think mine calculated it .85 ish with a 60 degree bit that’s why I went .3” flat depth still looks cool but won’t gonthrough material I’m thinking that’s why the creator used a 90 degree … I prefer the 60

The depth goes to 0.7109" make sure the material is truly 0.75 inches.

Dry brushing is when you apply a little paint to the tip of the brush bristles wipecthe majority off onto a piece of scrap “ I use a paper plate “ then quickly swipe the brush over the piece leaving thin layers of paint on the top surface try no to overlap parts you painted with each swipe let it dry between coats and I meant to say 3” “wide” brush

I found a tutorial on YouTube that is close to how I do it

You’re only cutting 50 ipm (assuming the IPS was a typo) in MDF? I’d assume that’s why it’s 12 hours.

I’d think that could go quite a bit higher.

I’ll open the CRV tonight and see what mine says.

Sean, yeah that is the big one. to do that he took out 2 other symbols. the symbols around that circle are mixed around a bit too. Personally I would like to modify it and put other symbols in there instead of his logo but I get it… just wish it was not at the top of the circle.

2 Likes

Opened in Easel and calculated a cut time of 3h 35m at 75ips 30ips plunge .1 doc

Didnt I read somewhere that max plunge rate is never more than 20…no matter if I select anything more?

I may be mistaken, as I almost always am.

Dang Phil. very kind of ya sire to go through that thing. (I especially like that you put the 2 areas back in at the top

Acceleration settings make all the difference in the world. I was just doing 3D tabs on cutouts the other day after bumping up to 750 mm2/sec and it didn’t even slow down to do the 3D tab whereas before, it was a noticeable slowdown (since X/Y have to slow down to let Z accelerate and move upwards).

I can’t wait to do an actual 3D carve or a Vcarve.

1 Like

That turned out great. What is the process you used to finish that piece?

Kyle - creator of the Marvel Calendar

3 Likes

TH CRV file was created in Vectric Aspire. Use the DXF if you are having issues.

I spray painted the entire piece with red gloss krylon spray paint , then I dry brushed a gold acrylic artist paint over top with a 3” wide brush about 4 coats drying with a hair dryer in between coats.

1 Like

Ditto to what @PhilJohnson said, thank you VERY much for your hard work on this Kyle…

1 Like

Also didn’t work in Aspire (v9.012) for me. Not a huge deal as DXF/AI/etc work just fine, just was trying to determine the issue

Very cool, so far that is the best version of the finish I have seen so far.

1 Like

Absolutely, it has been fun to see the responses so far.

2 Likes

Thanks man! Your artwork is awesome !

This should be fine to open in 9.xx

MarvelCalendar_bySandyEggoCNC.zip (5.8 MB)

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this with us. This is awesome. And Thanks to all the others who helped debug things.

1 Like