Marvel Disk

Thank you to Kyle for the share, and thank you to @PhilJohnson for the clean up.

1 Like

Tthank you, I saved and uploaded the files from a computer that was not mine. I’ve pulled the two files for now and will re-upload them this weekend, using my paid version of Aspire at home.

1 Like

I removed my posts.

Yes defend yourself.

“I figured there was an explanation. everyone should be able to defend themselves. I was a victim of false accusations for my files. It really messes with your business”

Point is Vectric flagged it as pirated software. That was my concern.

I will post nothing else.

1 Like

I’ve been in IT 20+ years. Not that it makes me think I should have known or looked at the help/about. It does irritate me to no end. However that was the last thing I was thinking about. I was at a makers meetup and they helped me decide to share the file. I used a laptop there to remove two of the symbol ring symbols and add my own logo up top. I still like the renditions where people are adding their kids names there. It’s been a fun experience so far. Lots of cool comments and finishes people are doing.

2 Likes

You are good man @KyleEmerick .

Dang I thought this was going to work out. Got the file Phil posted, bought the wood, sealer, bought the paint got it all set up. Hit carve, accepted that I was using one of my 4 easel pro free days, and now no matter what I try it fails.

I can go through the whole carve sequence, confirming, zeroing, ect then I hit carve and it fires up the router then just sits there calculating until it the thinking bar fills all up and then the bar goes away and the machine stays locked up. I have to manuall shut down the x-controller and restart easel to get it to work again.

I’ve never had an issue like this, must be too big of a file.

Robert… it does smell a lot like the Turkey Gibblet that was in the Star Wars thread doesn’t it?

1 Like

I followed Phil post.

I don’t need to explain anything to you.

The guy posted on other sites and the program is pirated. I just brought it to phil attention that it was made with pirated software.

easy… whoever stole the lumber

1 Like

Maybe try breaking it up into a few different workpieces?

so this guy is up in arms about a software license issue? the way he is going off, you would think that he was the one who designed the piece and found out that Kyle used it without his permission and made a million bucks

I’d hate to see how fired up GaryHall gets about actual emergencies.

1 Like

Dang I missed the original complaint from Gary now it’s like I missed the first episode of a new soap opera !

3 Likes

No, My name is nor Chris.

Lets all just take it down a notch. Are we gonna have to make you boys shake hands and hug it out like in middle school. So moving on. We can all agree this is an amazing design. Classic and epic much like the starwars calendar.
It inspires me to get back to work on my rick and morty design. Ill have to step my game up to be in the same collection as these amazing designs.

1 Like

I tried that, everything looks great, router fires up and then just sits there spinning. I let it run for 30 minutes like that hoping it would take off, but nothing.

I’ll give this a try at another time.

OK I finally figured out how to make it work in Easel. I basically cut it down to 5 overlapping carves. It carves the disk in 4 separate carves, then cut it out on the 5th. It took forever, but I’ll have to say the results came out great! At this point it’s still on the machine waiting to be cut out tonight, but it looks awesome.

I started with Phil’s version posted above then edited it into 4 overlapping carves. Here is my version. Easel - marvel

7 Likes

Hi Jason. The link states it has not been shared publicly

What exactly do you mean by ‘4 overlapping carves’? I was able to open Phil’s disk and cut it out without modifications except for sizing and depth.

1 Like

I believe the link should be correctly shared now.
I basically masked out about 70% of the cut four times and cut them all as seperate carves.
I tried everything else that I could think of to get it to work and easel just kept locking everything up.
Easel - marvel

Looks cool Jason. I think that will help a bunch of people that have internet connection issues (I think that is why my Easel locks up)