Materials Australia

Hi
Inventables has some really great materials available on their website. However the cost of getting them to Australia is significant. Does anyone know of an equivalent supplier in Australia particularly the acrylics?
Thanks
Paul

Hi
I knew I should have said where.
I’m in the Blue Mountains - Katoomba NSW so Penrith.
Trouble with yellow pages is they sell usually in large sheets rather than tlhe smaller pieces :unamused: I don’t really need a 1200x800 sheet (8ft x 4ft for those non metric USA people)
Thanks
Paul

One of the local plastics suppliers here in Canberra sells off-cuts for a reasonable price the other is an absolute ripoff so shop around. They also doesn’t mind if the skip is raided for scrap.

Gary

Australia is a heck of a place to live, I’m up in Brisbane. Acrylic is a nightmare here, bunnings and hardware stores charge you 50x what it’s worth. eBay sells the stupidest of sizes.However these stores you speak of trying to sell full sheets.

I’m not advising you to do this, but it’s what I do.

These places have a skip out the side of there shops. 7-8pm head over look in their bin for scraps, I promise you, you will get what you’re after.

for USA people reading this thinking this is bad and stealing and we are bad people… well yes Australia is filled with the UK’s criminals but!, here in Australia this is what it came to because here, there is nothing. Even good quality hardwood is nearly impossible to buy at reasonable prices.