Maximum number of likes!?!?

Now that’s funny!

3 Likes

Seems that Like Worthy could end up being the new Sponge Worthy

2 Likes

Here’s an explanation - it’s a Seinfeld thing

2 Likes

Time to start a forum for CNC art and projects were we can express our woodies without fear of some juvenile being offended.

It is so important that we are all alike and have no individuality. What offends 1% of the population should never drive the actions of the other 99%. But that seems to be the direction of the country and now Inventables.

It is a very sad day when a nicely carved plaque with nothing more offensive than you would see at a swimming pool drives a ban to being able to post our crafts. Watch TV sometimes, I am sure Big Bang Theory doesn’t offend you but a plaque with a common word does. Come on people!

And for the record, the flags should be measured against the likes and see how the community thinks about the poster in the aggregate. Not some jackass that is sensitive about the slightest thing having more power than the community at large.

Please remember this is my opinion and just some thoughts, I am sure someone will find it offensive, however it is a opinion and it cannot be wrong regardless what people think about it. And there is nothing offensive or directed at any individual or group of people.

You should probably review your policy or how you are implementing before you lose the most helpful and knowledgeable posters on the forum. It would be a shame to allow the few to ruin the benefit of the many.

4 Likes

So, how does one increase their trust level if the forum software does not allow them to be positive (likes) once it determines that they have been too negative (flagged)?

2 Likes

“They” may have had what they thought was a good reason for putting a default in place, but that does not make it a good reason, or mean that it should remain. Saying that the reason it will remain in place is that it is a “default” is no different than saying you did something because you were “just following orders”. I have nothing against starting out with the “defaults”, but be open to changing them when they don’t make sense to the community.

I get that you may not be the originator of the limits, and it may not be within your control to directly make a change. However, I would imagine that you might be in a position to hear what forum members are saying, and bring it to the attention of those who do make such decisions.

For myself, there is no reason to limit an individual’s ability to “like” posts.

2 Likes

I moved the thread to the “Meta” category.

1 Like

I’ve gotten a couple “Likes” from Phil before - but I’ve got to post something quick cause I want the EMOJI version!!!

1 Like

i see on here some people can’t handle The full Phil Johnson experience. I wish there were more like you in the world. I have seen many post where all you did was offer the truth. Like the person that did not like your suggestion to use the search function. There are questions that have been asked a thousand times and explained in great detail on other post I see nothing wrong with suggesting somebody use the search function. I myself like others in that moment of frustration forget about the search.
Phil brings to the table these things
truth
honesty
helpfulness
inspiration
And the list goes on. You are blunt and to the point no b.s. ing around and I find everything you have done to be very helpful. Thank you Phil.

5 Likes

I know there is a blue loctite joke in here somewhere.

I can see red flags in our future.

1 Like

Be right back it’s getting deep.

ok i’m ready

4 Likes

Just reposting my thoughts from earlier today…

2 Likes

if they don’t like it they shouldn’t read it the end

2 Likes

they should have a point system where say 5-10 users with different ip address have to point you before being flagged and reviewed by a admin then you should be told why it was flagged and given a option to re edit. if it is not racist or hate then it should not be flagged. I do not flag because I believe everyone should be allowed to speak their mind weather I like it or not. I am getting sick and tired of a few of these snowflakes being allowed to bring in a blizzard. If you don’t like move on and leave people alone .

That’s been the best read in ages,

I racked up 32 likes in this post alone,

@admin
Can I transfer some of my good behavior to Phil the Criminal ?

2 Likes

Part of the blame is on discourse.org for their oh so easy flagging system.

anonymous-sly of course

1 Like

Don’t make me flag me.

1 Like

OH fell off my chair laughing and snorting

I bet @philjohnson would like that if he was able :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like