Member locations

Added myself as well!

1 Like

Done I’m in Issaquah Wa, great tool thanks for setting that up!

1 Like

Anyone else from Canada?

I signed in at London, Ontario.

Bob

Trying to keep this thread alive. For those who recently became X-carve owners, please add your locations on the map link (3rd post from top)…you might find that someone near you also owns an X-carve!

1 Like

HI, I’m in Mississauga, Ontario.

Currently have a Shapeoko 2, but I’m upgrading to a 1000mm X-Carve in a couple of weeks when I get my parts.

1 Like

Hi Peter, welcome to community.

1 Like

Welcome to the show!

It’s possible to put little more info, like type of machine, spindle, any upgrade ETC. That helps other helpers to determine what advise to give instead of asking every time.

I just did like you and added mod info to the machine size line.

1 Like

Thanks Tarry.

1 Like

My original request that started this thread was aimed at the site admin. I ask if they could turn on member location. I would then show up as.

David Sohlstrom
Ariel, WA

The Map was a good idea the only problem I am seeing is that a lot of people are not entering any info. So you get a location flag but you still do not know who that person is. Also there is no way that I know of to search for say AlanDavis so short of clicking on every flag I have no way of finding any one.

Another feature that could be turned on is the signature line. So my signature could look like this

Dave
Ariel, WA
1000X1800 running Mach3

1 Like

Inventables can’t make decision to expose customer information. This is volunteer action. Good to have visibility for the equipments by the location. It’s very good idea of yours of course.

I agree and people would have to opt in to let there location appear in there posts.

Dave
Ariel, WA
1000X1800 running Mach3

Alan
Lawrenceville, GA
1000X1000 running like a hell. :slight_smile:

Now if we could get this to catch on. It would help a lot when answering member questions.

Dave
Ariel, WA
1000X1800 running Mach3

1 Like

Most people don’t know this is exist. How do you think we can implement to General.

When I click on the link, the page opens up with a list of names on the left hand side. I click on the name and it shows where it is on the map. You can do a Ctrl+F search too…that is if you know who you’re looking for to begin with.

It had been a while so when I looked today I see that the list had changed. I do see some folks listed as point XX

Dave
Ariel, WA
1000X18000 running Mach3

Excellent idea, added myself to the list, there are not many of us in the UK yet but I hope the number grows…

2 Likes

I’m in Arizona and id love to find someone close or local in Phoenix to look at and pick his or her brain for a bit before I pull the trigger.