Micro Switches (Failed homing seq. and desire for better switches)

I am sick of these cheap micro switches breaking so I researched these on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075LDGHHS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (You have to copy and past to a new tab.)
sSomeone said they used them for a replacement for the micro switch. When I test them using homing, the axes does stop however it then tells me that the homing sequence failed. Does anyone have any idea why because homing works with the micro switch. Is there a better solution to the micro switch. They keep breaking and I am tired of dealing with them. They are so CHEAP. Yes I have read about every post on here about the switches and can not find a better solution but there has to be one. Any help would be appreciated.

Hall effect sensors and proximity sensors are considerably better and more reliable, but are not always straight forward to hook up (some need more voltage than 5V IIRC)
Perhaps someone can elaborate on such possibilities.

Regarding your “homing sequnce failed” status - each switch need to be tapped twice.
First the axis seek at a certain speed, hit the switch and retract an amount governed by GRBL parameter 27. Default is 1mm, but this is not always enough to clear the switch…and sequence halt.

Change $27 to read = 5 and retest.

I am using these on my X-Carve and they work great.

1 Like

How do you install the magnetic sensors on the X-Carve?

Thank you so much for your reply. I will try that. I did notice the micro switch hitting twice but I am not that smart. Thanks.

Thank you for the post. Can you tell me what or where the 3rd wire comes from. The micro switch only has two wires. Thanks again. Looks interesting.

Here is how I did it…I initially had it hooked up to the G-Shield, but I have since gone to the Gecko G540 and Ethernet Smoothstepper but they still work great and can be connected to the X-Controller as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I looked all over. Thanks.

1 Like