Mismatched Y-Axis Belt Teeth Counts

Actually, I looked at it, but seeing that it was written in Python, and I am using Windows, I avoided it in hopes of a program that runs natively, that was just before I stumbled across grblControl. I will check it out right now on your recommendation and see if it can handle the large G-code programs my project uses.

Ok, after getting the right version of Python installed, and getting PySerial installed, yea, bCNC is too slow. It is barely usable, but it runs like a slide-show. The hologram g-code program takes 10-20 seconds to load, as well. In contrast, grblControl literally loads the same files in less than a second. The UI also remains 100% responsive, with the 3D preview of the g-code and everything. It’s silky smooth, and is written with QT for the GUI so it’s as cross platform as the rest of the available programs. I’m genuinely surprised people haven’t opted to use it over other programs. It is literally the only program I can use for my project’s complex cutting paths.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I appreciate it.

grblControl seems to be quite new.

The initial commit was 11 August of this year, so the reason most of us haven’t used it is it wasn’t available when we started using our machines. Reminds me somewhat of GrblController which was the first comm/control program I used.

bCNC runs well for me, even on an old laptop running Vista, but I don’t usually work w/ long G-code files — anything too long I break up into multiple files in case I need to shut things down due to time constraints. The Grbl developer has stress tested it though, and found it to work systemically well, but as you noted, a bit slow interface-wise w/ large files.

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention.

This will probably work as well www.picengrave.com - PicSender

1 Like