Mixtape coffee table

Really really nice work Phil. It looks awesome! If there are not the high shipping costs to Germany, and the fact that I have also a X-carve, I would buy one directly.
Keep it up.

1 Like

This looks really cool. Since you are planning on putting a Acrylic / glass top on, it would look pretty neat if you cut out the area in the center window between the spools and the winding dogs for the tape ribbon.

1 Like

Impressive work Mr.Phil!

SIde story on the use of unusual clamps.
I used to work in a crating shop some years back where we would put every thing from air filters to animatronic dinosaurs and everything in between into wooden crates.

We, as a crew were packing up some mobile target presentation units, the machines on small gauge rails that would pop a target up from behind a berm for the soldiers to shoot at, for the US Army.

In personally was working on a prototype piece for another customer and had 2 fairly large pieces of particle board about 1" thick each that I needed to glue together and no clamps big enough. Then I saw the stack of 3 of these already packaged mobile target units, about 4000 pounds in all and $250,000.00 a piece just sitting there. Yup, grab the forklift, lift one end, set it down and presto! A $750,000 wood working clamp.

My boss just shook his head and walked away.

4 Likes

I meant cut those areas out completely so you can see right through the table in those spots.

ANNND this comment can be disregarded since I just realized there is a drawer there and it wouldn’t make any difference.

1 Like

Love the detail of the screw heads on the bottom (where most people won’t see it)… little details like that put this over the top.

1 Like

That is a beautiful table you have there but to be honest $800 seems awful cheap. The work and quality I am seeing is worth at least twice as much. Kudo’s.

1 Like

I love the result, but mostly I like your shop organization. Anything you need, just there, grab’em. :confused:

1 Like

My work area looks like that and I have no kids at home any more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It wasn’t objection, it was compliment. Some times takes me travel all the way to other end of the shop for simple heat gun. But your shop made that easy, just there on the floor pick it up. :grinning:
Any way. This is the awesome result. That’s perfection. Love it three times.
Maybe a little metal color paint touch up to screws.

1 Like

Phil what’s on the flip side? lol

1 Like

Where is your competition being made? Are they using the quality of materials that you are? Is the inlay label anything close to the level you’re doing it at? Are they even capable of offering a custom label?

I don’t say this to a guy often, but I like your legs better :grinning:

It also looks like they use a printed label whereas yours is all inlay. They might technically be more accurate, but yours is WAY more fancy woodworking.

1 Like

Cool stuff Phil. Did you consider making the label something that the owner could custom write and change for the mood, company, party, etc? I homeschool and I got my 4’x8’ dry erase board from Home Depot. They have a smaller board too.

1 Like

How about one of these! But it actually works. I can do the electronics!

4 Likes

That would be epic!!!

1 Like

these are renderings, right? You didn’t already machine these…

Oh wow, does that ever bring back memories of my high school years! All the wealthy kids at De La Salle had those things and I can still hear the sound of them. They were quite the shizz back in the day…

1 Like

Your renderings are surprisingly realistic, Kindly stay away from my video games, I have been told that I dont have a firm grip on reality as it is. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks perfect.

1 Like

Thats awesome! Who made this?