Monster Carve

When I get a garage of my own I will be doing this. That machine is a thing of beauty and it does great work!

1 Like

Did you have any issue getting your makerfoot? I order some time ago and they have not sent them to me

No problems at all

1 Like

Time to start 2017 with new round of upgrades.
I scored off ebay some reasonably prices cncrouter another stage of life of monster carve.
Pinions here we go, X axis for now but I have good amount of parts for Y axis as well, will see how it goes got to buy a lot of stuff and not very excited about it :frowning:

3 Likes

This is insanely complete makeover. It’s not X-Carve anymore, lets call XXXL-Carve. Just wondering how much you spent for all these upgrades.

I very much drifted away from X carve but than I always considered it to be entry point and learning platform. Beyond x-controller there nothing left except x-carve soul in.
To go from belts to pinions and steel plates and steel wheels v-con I would say was close to 2k, Without ebay score I could not do that.

1 Like

5 Likes

1 Like

Same situation with my axe: 3 handles, two heads

So freaking cold here I can’t do much in garage so its going slow.
The idea of folding machine on the wall is long gone with the current weight but I still need some mobility.
I got some very strong lockable casters and build giant table for the cnc frame.

I like that I regained the space under CNC and it is big enough to hold entire piece of 4x8 stock. It is possible I will add some shelves or drawers to as the space is still at a premium in my garage.

V-con steel rails are in and pinion racks, I had tons of issues due to mixing metric and imperial extrusions I started with. I had to trim some plates and drill some steel, tons of fun but I think the end is near.

I find it hilarious how the Z axis and the router look see inadequate now lol
Can’t wait to get this thing moving soon !

1 Like

I find it hilarious that the stepper motor on the Z seems as LARGE as the ROUTER!!!

Maybe less funny but more drool worthy.

2 Likes

I might be soon able to co carve things again …

3 Likes

Finally up and running, I love how “weekend” updates turn into months =/
Had a chance to do quick v-bit on bamboo for surprise birthday gift.

250imp… things go from hours to minutes quick and I’m only starting.

1 Like

I did a 3D relief carve this weekend in pine with a roughing carve at 300IPM and a finishing pass at 350IPM. It really cuts down on the time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, just wow!!

Spent some time reading this and what you have accomplished is just… wow!!! To say I am inspired would be a huge understatement.

Thank you for forging ahead, laying out the ground work and taking the time to leave us with the treasure map, I will definitely be following in your footsteps someday. Maybe it will be my New Years resolution!! lol

Where are you with this thing these days?