More or less tabs?

I would like to see the ability to choose how many tabs to use. On complicated cut, (lots of curves) Easel puts dozens of tabs and I have to combine them to make less. Sometimes very tedious. On other tab placements like with delicate (thin) materials used with inlay work, it doesn’t provide enough tabs to secure cutout where needed. Would be nice to be able to delete tabs or add more as needed.

1 Like

No problem with that in VCarve. :grinning:

Duhh…who said anything about V Carve?

Just sayin’…

If one wants features not available in Easel, one might look elsewhere. Don’t get me wrong, Easel has its place and might eventually have a lot more capability, but if one wants features it doesn’t have now, there are other options.

1 Like

I agree Jeff! For the type of projects I do I need more than the default of 32 tabs. Easel should allow user to set desired number of tabs. I will be emailing them so they know this is needed.

Boy is that an old post. I haven’t used tabs on any of my thru cuts for over a year. Use nothing but the painters tape and CA glue method now.
He used this for no clamp hold downs, but the best part is that you don’t need any tabs either.

Hi Jodi,

We increased the maximum number of tabs by 8x. Please try it out and let me know if that works for you.

Jeff