More presents for my Vcarve peeps!

Wow, very nice! How long did the design take you? Any suggestions for a beginner interested in making designs like that? I currently have access to google sketchup, solidworks, and blender.

Wish I knew how good a deal it was to buy vcarve with the CNC, but didnā€™t have the extra $$ at the time. Ah well, maybe in the future. Looks amazing, as usual :wink:

1 Like

Nice, I ordered/received mine too late for Christmas gifts except for a few late gifts for family. I know the owners of a local coffee/gift shop and Iā€™m going to sit down with them this week to discuss v-day items.

1 Like

Phil, do you think the Design and Make projects are fairly priced? I have looked at them many times and decided they were expensive for what they were.

1 Like

call or email customer supportā€¦ flattery doesnt hurt. speaking from experience, my vcarve pro shows up in 24hoursā€¦

1 Like

one piece covers the cost of each clip art piece, then its all profitā€¦

1 Like

Nice job! it would look even sicker in a piece of inlaid Ebony or like dark grey HDPE wonder if you could care something like that in acrylic how it would look lit upā€¦

Carbonite inlayā€¦add $80! :wink:

1 Like

No, not better, Sicker like Steve said Carbonite! people pay crazy money for star wars stuff either way ! I sell 3$ books with 10$ lamp parts for 75$ all day cuz u cant walk into walmart and buy themā€¦

1 Like

Looks awesome bro! Not trying to criticize your work at all just thought the other would be cool.

1 Like

you guys have some outstanding things. I am so jealous right now. I have been working all day trying to figure out the best way to stiffen the X axis. I started one way then I saw something I liked better so after four trips to the hardware store I still am not done plus the super bowl is on. You are so inspirational to people like me. I want to thank you for posting your jobs so we can see what is possible once we get things straight in our heads. Phil always has so much to share so thank you phil ans all others.

1 Like

turned out great

1 Like

May I ask why the carbonite isnā€™t black?

Can I ask you how you draw the bounding boxes? I cant stop my finishing toolpath to unnecessarily run over the center of the material. I only need to finish the rounded edge of a sign. Thanks

VCarve Desktop. I am attempting a roughing and finishing 3D tool path to carve only the edges of the sign. The roughing pass works fine but the 3D finish pass travels across the center of the material even though no material is being removed. Most of the center of the sign is located at Z axis 0.00. Seems like a huge waste of time. I saw that your tool path only traveled in the area of your curved dovetails and not across the entire work piece.

Thanks a bunch! It worked great. I had to switch the Machine Boundary Limit to Selected Vectors after setting the offset.I then selected the outside boundary, inside boundary and the 3D curve. It cut the time by 2/3. Iā€™ve watched about 10 of the videos so far, they have so many.

1 Like

Did you ever get that box make program? If so how is it?

I doā€¦I have made a lot of boxes with it. It takes some fiddling with the settings to get good results, but you can make some amazing boxes with it. I cut 3 more of the purpleheart and maple boxes last week. Here is a picture of a box from last year, no pics from the latest ones.

Iā€™ve posted this picture a couple of times because I havenā€™t taken any more pictures of the later boxes. I have made this same pattern with purpleheart and maple many times.

8 Likes

Hot box

2 Likes