Mosaic App

This topic comes from a suggestion for an addition on the puzzle maker app.
I am using this app to create really large images on wood. The size is unlimited, and the process is simple.
Put an image down on the Easel workspace, open the puzzle app and break your image into as many pieces as you like.
Size the image as large as you want the final workpiece to be, and carve and cut the pieces on by one (Set the other pieces to 0 depth as you go along).
Assemble the pieces and glue onto a board the size of the image, and you have your image or sign.

I would just like to be able to sometimes have the cutouts in other shapes, like square blocks for example. I have done this in my graphic editor, but it is a long and cumbersome process.

Jeff Talbot thinks this can be done in a new mosaic app.

What do you guys think ?

1 Like

I like it! I know the Voronoi generator app can do something similar, but it doesn’t break them into separate pieces or give an option for polygon shape. Maybe it will be as simple as copying the Voronoi app, removing the randomization code, and inserting a code for shape and number of polygons. @JeffTalbot Is that do-able?

I think it might be easier to modify the puzzle app. You could remove all of the code that deals with generating puzzle pieces (most of the code), and swap it out with code that generates rectangles instead. Then the rest of the code should be the same.

The source of that app is here:

Yeah, me too…?

Yes Phil, that is exactly what I do with it.
I don’t want the puzzle option to go. Just an addition to the puzzle app to able to select puzzle shapes or rectangles.
That would be great. :slight_smile:

1 Like