Mount to ceiling?

This may be a silly question but i am about to assemble my xcarve and workspace would there be any reason that i couldnt
mount it upside down on the ceiling of my garage to save space and let the shavings and dust just fall down.

Could you? yes, I suppose.

I can’t imagine it would be a fun experience working with it. Maintenance, clean up, setting up a project…

I’ve seen some people hinge the table so it folds up against a wall.

Clamping would be a nightmare as you would be fighting gravity to keep the material against the work surface. The design relies on gravity to work properly.

To save space, people have made fold up tables for he XC when not in use, or have their XC lowed down from the ceiling on cables.

There is also a CNC machine designed to operate while leaning up against a wall, but that is the most unusual orientation I have seen.

If you every got material setup then I think you would be loading router with chips and dust prohibiting cooling

1 Like

Just thinking, i would do a pully system to raise it up to the point when not in use. Eye lags into ceiling joists then rope on pullies.

Check this out. Do a forum search on it as well.

Racor PHL-1R Pro HeavyLift 4-by-4-Foot Cable-Lifted Storage Rack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009I8AO6/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_en7PybWXD3RRM

My neck hurts just thinking about it.

But not having the machine upside-down.