Moving a cut from Fusion to Easel

Not likely. Gbrl reports an error, Your sending program may have just ignored the error and continued on.

Thanks. I tried the contour, but it only creates a path for the bottom edge which I imagine is way too aggressive of a cut.

You can enable Multiple Depths for Z with Contour in order to keep the depth per pass within comfort.
Maximum Roughing Step down value in the incremental Z step performed.
This is for stainless steel so I go light, 0.2mm/pass

Sweet thanks. I think making my first even model a guitar, with no previous experience with anything beyond tinkercad, is ambitious but a lot of fun :grinning:

This is an Easel (sender) problem.
The post processor doesn’t have onSectionEnd() or onClose() functions, but then Easel adds in its own commands. I think this is bad news.
I just ran a quick test (downloaded F360 post and Easel driver just now):
Easel post processor will end gcode with a Z lift to retract height, defined in F360. Easel as a sender adds these commands (which cannot be previewed, comments added by me):
G20 ;inches mode
G90 ;absolute mode
G1 Z0.15 F9.0 ;move to Z0.15" which in this case is nearly 3" into the stock
G0 X0Y0 ;plow through your hard work at full depth back to 0,0
G4 P0.1 ;pause to see if you want to try blinking to make sure you're actually seeing flames
M5 ;stop the spindle if you have that controlled by your controller

I don’t use Easel, and now I’m glad I don’t. Most of the time, I am smarter than my machines. I prefer to have control over what they do.

@ChristopherCook Don’t use Easel unless you zero at the surface of your stock. (until they fix it)

@JeffTalbot
@KacperMarcisz
Am I missing something?

@LarryM, This may cause complications with any easel post.

One more reason I don’t use Easel. There are too many reasons to post here.

I’ve already taken care of part of it, but the moves are internal.

Exactly…I don’t think that should ever be the case. A sender should never send commands the operator isn’t at least aware of.

1 Like

Hi @NeilFerreri1, thank you for your feedback! This is something the team is aware of and we’re working through how to best handle this.

2 Likes