Multiplied Production Potential

Got me there. I was under the impression we were talking about the X Carve.You can find all kinds of machines that will do anything you want…for a price. Any hint on how much this machine cost?

Doing this with the X-Carve would be possible, but pricey.

I did have some success with the configuration pictured but like you said, the controller doesn’t seem to have enough power.

Less than the 7500.00 thing?

You’re not taking the weight factor into account.

For two routers the weight would probably be ok on the existing gantry…there would still be some flex.

Less than $7500? Hard to tell, you would have to consider the cost of the original X-Carve in that total.

It was a grand for me just to upgrade my electronics and add a rotary axis…with this you are talking some serious steppers and a much more powerful controller.

Thank you Erik. What controller?

1 Like

If you could find some lighter spindles it might be possible, but you would need a new controller I would think at a minimum and expect slow speeds.

I have just built my unit with two carriages on the new X rail and the one that holds the Hitachi 12vc plus a linear rail About 11 pounds) caused about .002" of sag so I know from experience what the new rail can take.

1 Like

Phil, that sounds like something I could do. Can you tell me about your controller?

Here’s a link to Phils controller build thread

2 Likes