My Beginner Projects

Very impressive work. Would you be sharing any of those designs?

The Disney plaque is for my 2 year old granddaughter who lives in Orlando and loves Disney. I’m going to put a 5" x 7" photo of her in the center.

The characters were hand painted by my daughter who has a steadier hand than me. I use Easel Pro to cut these out.

1 Like

What designs would you ike me to share?

I was thinking the flag with the military branches on it for a few family members.

Your daughter did a great job painting the characters, all of your signs look great.
Russell

Enjoy!

3 Likes

What type of wood are you using? New to xcarving and love learning from others! You’ve done great work!

I have used finished plywood, pine and poplar wood so far. Most of my work has been done with PVC board.

1 Like

I second that!
Looks great @StevenRoberts

1 Like

@StevenRoberts Did that Support our troop sign really take 55+ hours to carve?

@StevenRoberts Can I ask what method you used to paint, and what type of paint? I have the hardest time getting it to look clean trying to paint in the pocket cuts and yours turned out wonderfully.

With the current cut settings on the roughing path and finishing path, it takes about 4 hours to cut.

I have an artist daughter that painted the Disney characters. I do a little bit of hand painting. I mostly spray paint the base color, mask it, cut the first cut and spray paint what was cut, then I cut the white parts.

Wow wonderful work and attention to detail!

Thank you for letting me know!

A couple projects I’ve been working on. Trying my hand at some 3D carving with the Marine Plaque

5 Likes

Those look great!! Are you using VCarve? That’s next on my list of things to get.
Russell

Very nice keep up the good work.

These projects look great! Keep showing off your work. Fantastic!

Aspire is what I’m learning right now.

1 Like