My favorite bit so far - Profile cuts

Just got this guy from drillbitsunlimited.com

Lets just say it has cut Dremal sanding almost completely (other than tabs). Gives you very nice edges, say goodbye to fuzzies :smile:

For those still using Easel and not able to do climb milling for cleaner edges. Iā€™d get one of these asap.

Search for ā€œchipbreaker bitsā€ on the site.

Got some example projects to show off?

Iā€™ll post a pic in a bit, but unfortunately the cutouts i used a standard upcut have already shipped. So i canā€™t show you a before and after.

1 Like

If you get a chance, Iā€™d love to see a couple pics of what this bit can do. Are you only using it for profile cuts?

There are no results for chipbreaker bits

Thanks, Phil. Iā€™ll give that a shot this weekend.

1 Like

https://drillbitsunlimited.com/Search.aspx?k=diamond&c=375223

Thank you, but the shipping to the UK is $99, so I donā€™t think I will be buying any

1 Like

Maybe search for the part number: 2121-2500.4100F

Where do i find the option of doing a last pass offset? Iā€™m not seeing anything in my bit details or profile details.

Thanks!

update: found it in the advanced toolpath options haha

1 Like

I use the last pass offset in Vcarve too but set at .003 with a spiral down cut bit. My profile edges seem to be pretty clean, othan tabs of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the info on doing offset! I liked these bits at first, but they ended up just giving me a bunch of lines on my edges, they came out pretty clean at first, then as the bit dulled they got worse.

Offsetting has worked like a charm!

just use the word chipbreaker - not the word bits

1 Like

Yes that worked, thank you