I have to thank everyone for all their input. After thinking about it... I finally figured it out and it was easier than I thought. Actually, your ideas all came to mind at one point or another and I simply started over by importing a gear, then setting the cuts inside/outside, then resizing the entire object... stopping here and there to check just the center until it was exactly 1/4". That kept the center hole centered. I'll try cutting it later since we are testing all week and my schedule is completely out of wack, maybe even for a few more days next week. I think it should work, but now I have to account for oversized holes on other parts that the dowel needs to be free to rotate. Not too much slop and not too little slop. Haha! If Dan has an "exact" measurement to share, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would benefit.