My harbor freight dust collector mods including remote start

Eliminated filter altogether and vented outside. Suction improved, noise level greatly reduced

Here is my harbor freight dust collection mod lol

it has Gcode starting and its silent in the shop lol

5 Likes

It really should be before the impeller

Wow,awesome

1 Like

With my setup, all the dust is in the can before it gets to the impeller. No filter at all. It just vents outside. I have only seen a tiny bit of dust, not even enough to sweep the porch

1 Like

I just put a remote switch to control it from my phone on. So when I turn it in from my phone the router and the dust collector goes on and off at the same time. I suggest everyone go that route. $15 if you have a power strip if not you would also need a 2 outlet power strip. So convenient

It’s called LITEdge on amazon for $15. It syncs with WiFi so you can put an app on a tablet,phone surface what ever your using. It’s nuce because you can hook it up with you vac on a power strip to turn them on at the same time.

Here is the link

LITEdge Smart Plug, Works with Amazon Alexa, Wi-Fi Accessible Power Outlet, No Hub Needed, Control with App on Phone, Single Socket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071981FQ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_AWieAb9N4CCGJ

How is everyone dealing with static generating through the PVC??? I know I get a ton of static in my shop vacs and have held off on running pvc because of that. I have to ground my hose on my vacs and I’m guessing that will work with PVC also but I may just opt for the more expensive anti static stuff… BTW i live in AZ and its very dry here so static is def always an issue.

I will have to weight the cost of wire and PVC vs the galvanized pipe! This gives me options!! Thank you!!

No they just want you to set up a user name and password. Thanks haven’t had to enter it again.

It’s just to register. There are other options but this is best

I made the mistake of registering on Pinterest to look at a particular item. Then the emails started flowing. Have been trying to unsubscribe for two weeks but it doesn’t work - they keep coming. Today I finally found a place to delete the account. Did it but confidence is not high it will actually help.

Most reputable sites will remove you with a unsubscribe request but not so with these trolls.

I love that hose. Where did you get it?

Awesome job!
Replacing your dust filter bag to a cartridge it the best way to go!
Cartridges are much more efficient in cleaning up finer particles and your lungs will thank you. :grinning:
Wynn is a pretty good place to get cartridges especially for people with wood shops.