My questions on Liquid Cooling my Spindle

I got a 220v VFD and 1.5KW Water Cooled spindle off of Ebay - I think the Gantry can handle the weight, I have the solid bar strengthening mod and I am looking at doing the new Xcarve upgrade with the single 40mm x 40mm support rail. I want to keep a closed loop and could not full decide what would be safe so I went with a radiator - pump and a pump reservoir heat exchanger … Is that even a possibility? I don’t know.

This is the Reservoir and Heat Exchanger

This is the Radiator

Radiator Pump

Could I make it in a loop and do a setup like - out of the spindle to the in on the pump to the radiator then to the heat exchanger and back to the spindle? Would I have to worry about pushing into a pump too fast or would it be more like a double backup to circulate the liquid better since it is not an amazing amount of liquid?

Also currently I am converting the Xcarve to a chain drive replacing the belts also so I think it would help with the extra weight of the spindle… Hopefully…

All you need is the pump and a water source, the amount of heat generated by these spindles is is really quite low unless they are working hard i.e. cutting steel.

I just have an immersible aquarium pump that sits in a large, lidded bucket and I’ve never had any overheating issues. I do have a water flow sensor connected to an alarm - just in case.
If you’ve got the room, a large mass of water, 20 litres in my case, is enough to absorb/dissipate any heat you are likely to generate.

My spindle is not on the X-Carve but another CNC router I have.

I was shooting more for an enclosed loop system since I built a cabinet around my entire XCarve I suppose I could mount a fish tank on top of my enclosure or under it. I would also have to devise a linear x and y system to hang off the top to help with the hose movement… I am also building a control tower next to the cnc a reservoir is not impossible just not my first choice.

Ditch the heat exchanger. Just use the pump and radiator. Mount a fan to the radiator as in CPU cooling. Use actual cooling fluid. The radiator and fan will (should) provide plenty of cooling.