.nc file will not run 3018

Maybe try drawing a square in Easel, generate the gcode, and see if that works?

Funnily enough, I already tried that in case it was a lettering/font issue but that would not run either.

Can the machine run through software like the Universal Gcode sender or are you restricted to a controller on the device?

Given that Saturday was my first day as a forum member, I ran out of responses (?). This morning, having failed offline again, I brought the 3018 into the house and ran my Easel generated file through Candle GRBLcontrol software. Once I had figured out enough to connect it to my PC and make it work, it happily buzzed through my file (without a bit installed initially). About half way through, I realised that the spindle wasnā€™t turning so I did a comparison with other .nc files, using Notepad, and realised that the command to start the spindle was missing. I added it andā€¦it worked! I couldnā€™t, and still canā€™t, connect my PC to my 3018 using Easel but I will persevere. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Was is D shaped like it appeared, or is that wierdness on my version of mach3 with my other pc?

Iā€™m just trying some laser stuff, then Iā€™ll send a picture of how it turned out.

Planter for neighbour (hope you can see it), lettering came out ok.

Sounds like I have the same machine and off-line controller. Like you I was able to run the test files no problem. However, loading other G-code files results in various kinds of mayhem (or inaction). For example, mine seems to invert G20 and G21. I assume the problems are hard coded into the device somewhere.

@AlwynHart can you share a ā€œtest fileā€? Can you share the file that failed? Can you share your grbl version and settings?

I have exactly the same problem.
The files that came with the offline controller work fine, but any generated by Easel, wonā€™t run, and exactly the same thing happens, says ā€˜printedā€™ then freezes. yet if I run the file through Candle, it runs fine!
Andy.

@AndrewMcintyre

This is the file, though I received a solution from a facebook member, He said if I open the file in candle, then save it to my 3018 SD card, it will accept it, and it does!
No idea why yet, maybe candle adds some code, though I canā€™t see why it should!

Marians Craft Room 2.nc (158.6 KB)

Is that the one that works or the one that doesnā€™t? Can you share the other? Trying to compare.
I have a hunch that it would be something like a carriage return or line feed if you donā€™t notice a difference.

Itā€™s the one straight from Easel
This one attached is from Candle Marians Craft Room 2 candle.nc (164.7 KB)

Look the same to me! See what you think?

Hmm, just noticed the Candle file is bigger?

Itā€™s just the carriage returns.
Get a decent text editor, like Notepad++. Annoying, but easy to do a Replace

Find: \n
Replace with: \r\n

Cheers for that mate, Iā€™ll give it a try. :slight_smile:

EASEL file and same file open in CANDLE and save asā€¦
EASEL-CANDLE

CANDLE adds the CR (Carriage Return) command.
Thatā€™s the problem !!!

:blush:You can try to replace the control system file