Need help completely new!

just trying to make a simple door hanger thats around 20 inches round… .5 inches thick. when i go to simulate test its saying its going to take over 16 hours, when i look at the path the router is taking its just shaving the whole space… is their any way i can make it follow a path to just cut the outline around the “n” so it doesnt take that long?

You would have to turn the section that is being considered a pocket into a solid section with an outline style cutout. It would be great if you could share the project that way someone can help you figure out the best way to do achieve your goal with the design.

Depending on the design it might be fairly easy to accomplish.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

How do I share my project? This is the first time ever messing with this. I’m ordering my machine Friday and just messing around with the software to get a feel for it.

this may help you (includes a sample easel file)

To share your project do the following:

1. Click File>Share

Share 1

1. Click “Share with link”

Share 2

1. Copy the URL
  2. Click Save
  3. Paste URL into a new reply

{:0)

Brandon Parker

3 Likes

think I got it! I know the sizing is off for my material but I was just doing a quick run-through just to see. It seems to be doing what I wanted it to do earlier lol … thank u all for the help!

http://easel.inventables.com/projects/oTBzEQJEZlEN3h9OLII9rQ

1 Like

Have you tried using 2 bits? A larger bit like 1/4” or 1/8” to clear most of the material and a smaller diameter bit to get the details?

@Zach_Kaplan - dont throw him in the deep end just yet :slight_smile:

Brandons suggestiong is good, no need to hog out all of the pocket area when a path is all that is required :slight_smile:

Search “Combining Problem” in the forum from June 30, scroll for my name and look at the screen shots should solve your issue.

Thanks a ton u guys!

1 Like