Need Help with Older Machine

I like gSender.

I think the first step is just to update the GRBL firmware. The OP can determine which software to use for design & sending after that. For reference, I still have an Arduino Uno & gShield going strong after 9 years of service.

{:0)

Brandon R. Parker

I think that’s been established.

I have to put this aside for a while - too many other things to do today.

Well, I think the problem is solved, although I don’t understand it. I had been investigating the controller, and did tests on it using a different computer (it’s cold in the shop). I had forgotten that the shop computer was on Win 8.x, which is no longer supported by Easel. That doesn’t explain why it stopped working in the middle of a session, but simply swapping out the old computer for newer Win 10 machine seems to have fixed everything. Note that the old computer was also using an older Easel driver, which had been working, so it’s still a mystery to me.

The remaining question is whether I should update GRBL to v1.1. I generally don’t like to fix things that aren’t broken, but that is not always the best choice, as evidenced by this problem with the old Win 8 computer.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

I feel your pain. In my case, Easel Pro had an option for FoxAlien Masurter, so I selected that, thinking it was generic to all FoxAlien Masurters. But my machine is FoxALien Masurter Pro, which is not the same. I had to make my machine a generic one. The new cocfiguration does not turn on my router, but I had switched to a trim router anyway.