Need some help with this project

the last try was with a 60 degree. before was with a 30 degree but I didn’t take a picture. my depth is at .005 inch

How are you zeroing your Z?

I am doing it with the z probe. I think I might into upgrading my z axis rails since I am noticing a lot of slop.

Here is your project as a fill:

Seems like all the detail you could need is there. Unfortunately, the ‘Save a copy’ function in Easel seems to be broken.

In order to do this, all objects must be set as a fill. The areas that you do not want cut should be set to 0" depth, while the areas that you do want carved are set to your desired depth (in the case of the picture, 1/8") you will need to utilize the ‘Bring to Front’ option under EDIT in order to properly stack the objects for the desired outcome.

The stock Z shouldn’t be that sloppy. That really just looks like your zero is off or you used the wrong bit. Are you probing near the carve? Maybe the board is cupped?

So I ran another cut and brought it to the front as advised, also I went really shallow and it came out awesome for the small size that I did. I used a 30 degree bit with .01 as the setting. I will post pics later. I tightened my wheels on the Z axis for the 3rd time in the last month. I am looking at the z upgrade as this is getting old having to adjust these wheels.

3 Likes

Use me to keep stuff tight

1 Like