New Build - 1000mm X-Carve - Questions

Only seems high, but im assuming he has his stepping rate set differently than the x and y.

He has a linear Z. His steps should be 50.

Every time he runs Easel setup it changes the Z axis steps/mm to match the Z axis type selection you make.

This would 100% be your problem.

If you’re going to continue using Easel, you have to fix the setup issue. This wouldn’t be an issue with another sender.

Make sure that you allow cookies in Chrome:

1. Open a new tab and type “chrome://settings/”
  2. click on “Advanced” on the bottom of the page
  3. Click on “Content Settings”
  4. Click on “Cookies”
  5. Make sure Cookies is set to “Allow sites to save and read cookie data”.
  6. Make sure “Keep local data only until you quit your browser” is turned OFF
2 Likes

I don’t remember exactly but setup only changes certain values.
Why don’t they have an advanced setup option for those of us who have been using easel since before the dinosaur squeezings began to liquify, and have modified some of the machine?

@CarveyninOhio Get it sorted?

Maybe?

It had nothing to do with my PC or Chrome settings, I really don’t know why it was doing that.
Had to walk away for a bit(ha, haha ha!)…and fired it up a day or so later and it appeared to work ok.

No idea what the chicken that was all about.

Did a few beer signs not realizing the nice openers are about 3" tall so project boards were too short with the text layout carved as it was…

Next problem, everything seems to be ok, temporarily running shopvac manually moving hose around whilst contemplating correct dust collection(contemplated).

And poof after about 5 hours making various simple text signs one evening… the next day, the router halts a few minutes into a job, still spinning, no longer moving. ARGH! Look over to my PC to see what the what, and it’s off. Display and tower.

Ok, so for some reason 5 hours straight running shopvac(on and off, only on during carve), the dewalt, x-controller and PC, next day barely a few minutes into it. Breaker never tripped, just lost power to PC and display.

NOW the vacuum and dewalt are on a separate circuit with only 4 outlets, and the only ones being used… are the dewalt and vacuum. PC is now on another circuit with X-Controller and PC/LCD(and bench PCs but I’ve had 10+ running on that before, so should be ok). Dedicated breakers with new lines run in attic on the to-do-list(years likely).

Random timeline sort of…

GRBL sign is the board I was trying something simple on when the Z height defaulted so it was dragging the bit across the board(well ok, plunging then moving across the workpiece to start carving but was in too deep). Since Z height was re-inputted and seemingly sticking, I carved a reminder. So that was painted black, and planed, and then sanded. It will hang near the X-carve as a reminder to ALWAYS check the Z GRBL code for height to hopefully avoid the inconvenience in the future.

Last pics are of the vacuum I’ve acquired.

It’s loud, but you close that top lid and, it purrrrrrs ever so nicely.
It will be setup with a dust-deputy-cyclone-whatnot and a metal trash can(30 gallon from the hardware store) because plastic buckets squish-ify. Hope that have that setup soon. It has a bag not pictured, and will see so very little of anything with the cyclone setup.

Cut off angles of factory dust shoe brackets, have to tap and drill holes to mount brackets to get dust shoe installed correctly. Saw it on FB group post somewhere.

beware - 1beware - 3beware - 2
beer - 1
domino - 1
domino - 2

1 Like