New build - couple comments & questions

what was the bad $500 model? and the good $200?

i will make the website. sounds like it may scratch more than just my itch.

the one we switched from was a surge-x model, and we went to an on-line minuteman. mind you, this was a few years and one position ago so I don’t have the models.

I see that there are always lots of posts, suggestions and posts about the x-carve, but since what I have is the Carvey, I feel pretty left out. So @JeremySimmons, if you’re making a website, would you mind keeping us Carvey-user-noobs in ? :slight_smile:

Also, a couple of noob questions:
There were talks here (beginning of thread) about bit rubbing (when the bit is not cutting?)… what is that? doesn’t seem easy to google because rubbing seems to relate more to other kinds of results ^^
And secondly, how much stronger (or weaker) is the x-carve, compared to the Carvey? Because from the advice @PhilJohnson gave, he goes .08" per pass at 50 ipm, whereas I feel I cannot do more than say, 0.8mm ( 0.03") at 800mmpm (30 ipm) with the Carvey in pine… or is it just me being afraid for no reason?

I have an XYZ-Carve from 3DTek in Aust which is a slightly modified X0Carve so my experience should be relevant.

I also had carves stop part-way through even though power was OK. It was suggested that I use a shielded USB cable from the PC to the controller, as short as possible and to use a USB3 port if you have one (as it has a higher power rating).

No problems since I did this so it may help you.

@cd127 the entries would include manfacturer, make and model. no reason to exclude anyone, I want to have free bits/machines sent for review and selling targeted ads from manufacturers :wink:

@PhilJohnson @JeremySimmons: thanks
@PhilJohnson: I don’t know about the stepper motors for carvey. But I’m sure there are some ppl in this forum who can answer this for you :slight_smile:

1 Like