New Categories Proposal

@DavidHovis how do you see this category being different than the technical support category? Would there also be technical support in New to XCarve/New to Carvey category?

Would it be possible to integrate a box where you can easaly input project settings like feeds speeds doc bits used. For the made with category’s.
So you could upload pictures with a dedicated location for the settings and then below free text for the project. To make these post look a lot a like on the Organisation side.

1 Like

Can you mock up what you mean? I don’t think I understand.

I pictured Thingiverse when I read @FoxxFighter’s description.
So, just build your own version of that…can’t be much to it. :wink:

Do you mean like this?

I think the projects section is great…it’s separate from the projects section in the forum, though. It’s gotta be tough to steer people to submit their projects. I see a lot on the forum that someone going to Projects | Inventables would miss.

1 Like

Why do you think that is?

I hope I can qualify. :wink:

1 Like

There’s @PhilJohnson and then there is the rest of us. He has more posts than me!

1 Like

somthing like a tamplet the automaticlie opens when you create a new thread in this categorys.
super quick mockup made in an other “forum” :

3 Likes

Every machine is different, sharing feedrates can be dangerous.

1 Like

Your right. I was just thinking about it because underneath every project someone is asking about the settings and to implement it right in the op seemed handy

1 Like

yeah i know. At least it should have a disclaimer and maybe a link to the wiki with good base feedrates for unmodified machines

Very true but for all of us, we had to experiment a bit to find the “sweet spot” for our individual machine.

Perhaps a disclaimer in big red flashing letters stating that feeds and speeds are suggested as a starting point only and one should be cautious in using them and adapt them to fit each individuals situation, or something along those lines.

2 Likes

It would be sweet if we would have a place under our profiles to discribe our machines (what is stock what mods do we have)

2 Likes

hi, what’s the definition of ‘regulars’?

@AA1 good question. I’m not sure that is a useful distinction. I was trying to prevent spam and projects that aren’t complete or projects that aren’t appropriate.

What if we had a person or a team of people that did some sort of review and clicked “approve” to make sure the quality was good?

1 Like

I thought I had a lot until I say your two stats. Lol

2 Likes

@BillBlades great idea…I love it. I added that category to the top.

@aa1 I adjusted the language to eliminate the need for regulars.

1 Like

You can… look at the right side of the forum page… .

1 Like