New Categories Proposal

I pictured Thingiverse when I read @FoxxFighter’s description.
So, just build your own version of that…can’t be much to it. :wink:

Do you mean like this?

I think the projects section is great…it’s separate from the projects section in the forum, though. It’s gotta be tough to steer people to submit their projects. I see a lot on the forum that someone going to Projects | Inventables would miss.

1 Like

Why do you think that is?

I hope I can qualify. :wink:

1 Like

There’s @PhilJohnson and then there is the rest of us. He has more posts than me!

1 Like

somthing like a tamplet the automaticlie opens when you create a new thread in this categorys.
super quick mockup made in an other “forum” :

3 Likes

Every machine is different, sharing feedrates can be dangerous.

1 Like

Your right. I was just thinking about it because underneath every project someone is asking about the settings and to implement it right in the op seemed handy

1 Like

yeah i know. At least it should have a disclaimer and maybe a link to the wiki with good base feedrates for unmodified machines

Very true but for all of us, we had to experiment a bit to find the “sweet spot” for our individual machine.

Perhaps a disclaimer in big red flashing letters stating that feeds and speeds are suggested as a starting point only and one should be cautious in using them and adapt them to fit each individuals situation, or something along those lines.

2 Likes

It would be sweet if we would have a place under our profiles to discribe our machines (what is stock what mods do we have)

2 Likes

hi, what’s the definition of ‘regulars’?

@AA1 good question. I’m not sure that is a useful distinction. I was trying to prevent spam and projects that aren’t complete or projects that aren’t appropriate.

What if we had a person or a team of people that did some sort of review and clicked “approve” to make sure the quality was good?

1 Like

I thought I had a lot until I say your two stats. Lol

2 Likes

@BillBlades great idea…I love it. I added that category to the top.

@aa1 I adjusted the language to eliminate the need for regulars.

1 Like

You can… look at the right side of the forum page… .

1 Like

Yes exactly.
After checking mine i would have sworn that i’ve put some discription about me, but it seams lost need to fill it in again when i’m home.

But i think it would be neat if there where a standard table to fill the machine infos so that it looks the same for everybody and when ther are boxes to fill out l(ike lokation) people are more aware of filling it in.
Edit: so updated the Profil summarizing my machine (from the top of my head) I thought it may be a good idea to ad some gebl settings like max feed and acc …

thanks for responding. i think your point about quality is important and agree with your idea of curating it.

1 Like

filled my ‘about me’ in…thx for the suggestion…

1 Like