New dust boot on instructables

Here is a 3D printed dust boot I made for my new X-Carve. So far I’ve only cut MDF, but it worked great for that. I might eventually make one with a dust skirt, but right now it is working excellent as is. I’m new to the CNC routing so constructive comments on the design welcome.

I created an instructable on how to make one so please visit the site for the design details:

FYI - The instructable is in a contest to win a 3D printer. I intend to donate the printer to the FIRST Robotics team I am mentoring if I win. So if you stop by to check out the instructable please vote for it. I bought the X-Carve to cut parts for our robot next year. Loving it so far.

Thanks - Bill

2 Likes

Its good to know about your approach regarding to donate the 3d printer and you have shared with us the outstanding instructable details.I just want to include that A following known friend of mine would like to get CCTV set up in his Pattaya home so he can keep tabs on it visually over the internet. He is currently in the UK so has given me task to find a suitable solution and going ahead with getting it set up. If anybody have experience in installation I am interested in details of brand, installer and cost. I have a couple of Panasonic ;Arlo Ultra IP cams that I bought around 10 years ago when the technology was quite new (and the cameras cost about US$300 each!. I have used them infrequently and router configuration and bridging was all a bit of a chore but I assume technology has moved on and larger systems are easier to manage? I would assume that uploading to a cloud is an option since a big HD or DVR will be pretty useless on a 100% remotely monitored and controlled system that will all be running off a UPS.I have TMN cable service and they are advertising a 4-camera CCTV system for around 20k baht. Is this a good deal to go ahead with arlo security camera review.

A much improved dust shoe was designed and is now now up on Thingiverse:

featured_preview_XCarveDustShoe

3 Likes