[NOW LIVE] [new feature] G-code sending through easel

I would like to test it out also. I use fusion 360 and maybe vcarve in the future :smile:

@JasonStunkard you’ve been added to the party!

@DanielAlderman Ah OK it seems like this issue extends beyond the scope of the g-code sending through easel feature.

It would be great if you would start a different thread in the Easel Feature Request section to talk about real time read out of position and manual controls. It would be great to hear more about your frustrations and requirements so we can get that part of Easel right. I believe GRBL is adding feed rate override soon so that might factor into the mix as well. For now I’d like to keep this thread focused on the new g-code import feature. That being said if you are saying that the g-code import feature is unusable for you without those to items than I think this is a good place for the discussion and it would be great to explore more detail about the requirements.

In terms of price we are trying to keep Easel free and X-Carve as affordable as possible.

I use aspire, utilizing UGS currently. It provides its own frustrations and would love to try out using Easel.

Regards,
Brian Rizzo

christmas ornaments I was making last night…

2 Likes

@BrianRizzo nice ornament…that looks very nice. I just added you. What are your frustrations with UGCS?

One of my main issues is with zeroing. I constantly have to quit the program and restart it in oder for it to zero properly. It seems to always leave a few random digits in the x, y or z… doesn’t seem to always reset them all to “0”. I have ruined many things when i did not notice that even after clicking “reset zero” it didn’t really do that…

thanks for adding me… i will give it a go!

1 Like

Please add me to the list. :slight_smile:

@HughMckibbin you’re in. What tool chain do you use now? Do you like it?

Please add me

@jdm I already added you :smile: Refresh the browser to see it appear.

thank you :+1:

Can you please add me in

@TrentHailes you’re added. Have you sent g-code before or is this new for you?

I also want to try with Aspire. I wish you would let me Zach

Your wish has been granted @Josmalo

Hi Inventables!

I just recieved my X-Carve a few days ago and I would love to participate in this.
It’s exactly what I need, I’m a fusion 360 user and I will keep you updated :smile:

@FrankVisser you’re ready to rock

Unfortunately F-Engrave generates a G91.1 (Incremental IJK mode) code, that Easel does not like.

Can you use any bit using just the gcode sender through easel? I seem to be getting a drastically different product vs what I am expecting using a v bit.

Aspire

Easel

Actual

I had previously changed my rapid movement to match my cutting speed but it seems to have missed steps again. I’m not so sure what is effecting the speed easel or the gcode.

So yeah not terrible successful for me so far.

As I stand here at the entrance to the easel gcode club, the dude with the velvet rope is looking at me expectantly like he wants a tip or something.

Can the prez of the club hook a CNC brother up?